Last weekend was a wall-opening experience. We started with plywood windows and lots of extra walls.
Kevin worked on installing windows in the front of the school while I decided to tackle the interior walls (those being the theoretical easier ones. The exterior walls are drywall over lath and plaster over more plaster over block.
Here are the ‘during’ pics. Slowly revealing the true sense of the schoolhouse under all those walls.
The opened up schoolroom is amazing. There is such a feeling of space and character.
We discovered the old North windows, which were previously completely covered with drywall.
The windows also make a huge difference letting in light, keeping out chipmunks and just bringing us one step closer to a watertight seal.
Two final notes – not sure about the war, but we may have won this battle vs the racoons. RIP little guy.
And finally, sometimes, it’s the simple things that bring the most joy….